As part of the A&M recruiting team at work, I've gotten to see many interesting things...but today was the best yet.
I had called to make dinner reservations last week at a well-known restaurant in College Station (we'll leave it anonymous to protect the semi-innocent). When asked who the reservation would be for I said, "My company, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. It's a recruiting dinner. My name is Mary and I am the contact."
Easy as pie.
Today, I received a call from said restaurant. The conversation went as follows:
Ring Ring Ring
Me: "This is Mary"
Restaurant: "Hi! May I please speak with Mrs. Darko?"
Me: "Excuse me?"
Restaurant: "Can I please speak with Mrs. Darko? A Mrs. Anna Darko?"
Me (about to pee in my pants): "Well, this is Mary Anderle. I WORK for a company called Anadarko."
Restaurant: "Well, I have a reservation next week here for a Mrs. Anna Darko."
Bless her heart.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Only an Aggie...

Posted by
Mary
at
12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
hahaha...love it!
Still laughing as I type....
You're coming?!?!?! When...? Are you going to give me an internship :) I have your birthday present for you; I was gonna give it to you at the game this weekend, BUT you're not coming :( I miss you!
Post a Comment