Ah. You smell that?
That's right. It's Christmas!
Nearly.
How exciting to walk outside and enjoy the BRISK holiday air this morning. Never mind that it's all gone by now. But how I yearn to wear a light jacket and windpants! For it to be so chilly that only taco soup and cornbread is appropriate for dinner!
I was just so conflicted in Hobby Lobby yesterday. We should all be in the spirit of Halloween and fall...but when you throw a great giant Christmas section in the mix...how can you not meander over to look at the ornaments, yard signs (not blow ups, mind you), and other holiday paraphernalia???
This is one of the reasons why I listened to Christmas music on my computer this morning at work. Because why the heck not?!
This also brings up the dreaded topic of Christmas shopping. I have GOT to start making a list, because Lord help all of us if I have to be in a store past that first weekend of December. Do not, I repeat, do not put Christmas shopping off until the last minute. Do you really want to be caught up in the crazy insane mess that is a mall??? Oh, it's fun to buy them and all, but I don't particularly enjoy racing against the clock and fighting with mad women in line behind me.
The ONLY acceptable Christmas shopping with insanely large groups of people is, you guessed it, The Nutcracker Market! Oh, November 13th-16th cannot come soon enough! Yes, I have joined the crazy mass of women the past two years and cannot wait for the third. You have never seen women fight over the last metal snowman statue until you've been here. Or the second to last hot pink crazy wild boa Christmas tree. For a more toned down experience, I invite you to try out the Holiday Market out here in The Woods. Last year Cathy and I had the experience of downing (many) wine-a-rita samples, tasting all sorts of Texas dips & salsas, and searching for Christmas stockings for the dogs.
Another thing on my mind is the...family Christmas card. It was tough enough to get dear Maggie to cooperate last year. This time we have TWO furry creatures to deal with. I can already tell how fun it will be. Neither are prone to dress up clothes but I really feel that this is the year! I really think Tucker has been itching for some reindeer antlers. And perhaps Maggie would like a Rudolph nose? I'm hoping we can get something along the lines of these two...
Picture studio, here we come!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Posted by
Mary
at
12:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I have 2 comments for you.
1. windpants?
2. i dont want a christmas card of your dogs!
Holiday Market!!
Ok, I have to ask....do you need tickets? Because I have 20 tickets at discounted prices....you can save a whole $2 instead of buying at the door. Just let me know....
Yay for Holiday Market!! I have tickets if you need some! Wine-a-ritas are AWESOME!
seriously, you yearn to wear windpants?!?! we discussed the appropriateness of owning windpants last year to wear around the house, quick trip to the store, etc. but to YEARN to wear them? oh my.
and, half the fun of christmas shopping is doing it in december :)
Post a Comment