
I'll admit it. I'm hooked.
Cathy first recommended this book to me several months ago. I asked for a quick description, saw that the cover was pink-less, heard the word vampire and immediately wrote it off. Oh, and did I mention it's an extremely popular YOUNG ADULT read?
Those of you who know me understand that I'm FAR from a young adult. Seeing as I'm about to hit the quarter-century mark in October. Never mind the fact that I read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series my senior year in college. I was studying for the CPA exam and therefore made crazy, rash decisions.
Anyway.
I finally suckered down and bought the book when Target had it on sale. And I really got this because it's been rumored the Twilight series is going to be the next Harry Potter (the first movie comes out Dec 12th!)
And I LOOOOVE Harry Potter. Clearly, I am not going to miss out on the next big thing.
200 pages into this first book...l-o-v-e it! I mean, let me type out what's on the back cover. Who wouldn't want to read this?!
"About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him - and I didn't know how dominant that part might be - that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
AGH! Awesome, right??! My eyes got real big when I read this and I shouted "Yes!"
(Not really, but in my head)
Drama, drama, drama.
I'll keep you updated on my progress through the series. Obviously I plan on finishing all four by December 12th.
And Cathy...I'm sorry I ever doubted your literary recommendation.
Monday, August 4, 2008
The Twilight Zone...

Posted by
Mary
at
1:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I too am a huge Harry Potter fan (can't wait for the movie this fall!). But, I must tell you, this Twilight book is a hard sell for me. Vampires??? You'll have to give me more information.
vampires sound very interesting. you have perked my interest. thank you.
Post a Comment