Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

River Trip 2008

Of course summer would not be complete without a tubing trip down the Guadalupe River!! I'm sad we don't get to go more often because my summers as a young buck in San Antonio were filled with floating trips out to the river. I guess you always take advantage of certain things and don't miss them until you leave. Although I'm not sure what sorts of attractions I take advantage of in Houston, but that's besides the point.

We met up with the Bayles' and the Ksionda's at the Waterwheel Resort in New Braunfels on Friday night. We spent some time in the lukewarm hot tub before old age kicked in (Ben is almost 27 or something really old like that) and we had to go to bed.

We floated the "horseshoe" of the river several times...so much fun! And let me just tell you how many people brought their DOGS to go floating (in their own personal tube of course).

LOTS!

Oh Maggie and Tucker would've had a blast. Not really but I'd like to think they'd enjoy it. In reality both would be either 1) barking 2) flailing around trying to get away from the water or 3) harassing other tubers.

Oh well, one can dream, right?

We had dinner at the Gristmill on Saturday night in Gruene - perfect dinner after a great day in the sun!! Sadly I didn't get too many pictures. Too worried about dropping the digital camera in the river, so you'll just have to take what you get.

Seth, me, and Paula. Gosh, he smiled so pretty.
Anderles
Paula & Ben...gazing at each other lovingly

Ben, Jeremy, & Stacey

On Sunday morning we visited Seth's Uncle Mark at St. David's hospital in Austin. He suffered from a stroke last week, which was really scary for everyone. He lost feeling on the right side of the body and at first the doctor's said he might never be able to use his right side again. But, praise God he was moved to rehab yesterday! He was able to move his arm and was regaining some feeling in his leg while we were there. They think he just had a weak blood vessel in his brain that finally decided to burst so could almost guarantee this wouldn't happen again. God moves in mysterious ways, right??


All in all, that was our weekend. We can't wait to float again next year - hopefully more than once! Otherwise we'll have to settle for the (rumored) gator-infested man-made lake in Spring Trails. Or just go to Hawaii again. I'm almost positive Seth will go for that.

2 comments:

susan said...

I was totally there on Sat, but I didn't see you guys. Probably because we floated past the horseshoe all the way to the end where we get shuttled back. (FYI: not much fun) AND my party of people went to the Gristmill, but I couldn't go. Darn the luck!

Paula said...

you can really tell how much the boys liked taking pictures :)

and, susan! it would have been so fun to float with you! if only we had known...