That's what it seems like at least! I've never heard of a "hurricane day" so we'll stick with snow for blogging purposes.
Good ol' Tropical Storm Edouard. I know this is wrong, but I am almost slightly thankful for his presence.
I don't want anyone to get hurt, for goodness sake, but I completely appreciate Anadarko shutting it's doors today in order to keep all its employees safe. Loving the big man today!
The plan was to sleep in...enjoy some coffee over a good book and perhaps peruse the Today Show. Take a nap...watch a movie.
It's 6:40am and I've already been up almost 2 hours. Of COURSE this would happen to me!!!
It was just one of those nights I couldn't really sleep. And if you know me, that never happens! I am usually out for the count. Maybe I was worried about the storm. Maybe I was consumed with the fact that I didn't yet know if I would be working today or not. Whatever it was, I didn't sleep. So here I am blogging like a crazy person (before the TS overtakes the town and we lose power).
I stopped by Kroger on the way home yesterday for some normal grocery shopping. We just needed more milk, eggs, yogurt, etc etc. What a nuthouse!!!!!! It reminded me of the Hurricane Rita days in Aggieland. They were almost completely out of bread, milk, bananas (thanks a LOT), chips, crackers, water, ice, and anything else that could possibly keep your family adequately nourished during a hurricane. Oh brother.
And did I mention they were completely out of gas?? It is just fascinating to see how everyone acts in the face of an impending natural disaster. Even though I don't think this will do much (ok...any) damage to The Woodlands area, everyone has just become so cautious since Katrina and Rita. Which is good. It's just almost surreal. I've never truly experienced being in the wake of something terrible like a hurricane or tornado and I can't imagine losing everything because of it. I guess I just always trust God will watch over us??
I hope I don't have to eat my words later today. So for now...be careful if you live in the South Texas area...and enjoy your day off!






2 comments:
i LOVE hurricane DAYS (not the actual hurricanes)! or, rather, tropical storm let-downs! either way, i'm not complaining!
Ok, I feel old. you were still in Aggieland during Hurricane Rita!!??
Post a Comment