Saturday morning we headed to La Grange to celebrate Seth's Granny's 80th birthday.
God help all of you if I make it to 80.
Granny may be 80 but she's still sharp as a tack! She already informed us that she doesn't need a big party for 90. Because living 90 years isn't a big deal or anything. We had a fun time visiting with the Anderles' and their extended family. (All the while cheering on the USA Olympic teams, of course)
Granny and her yummy birthday cake
All the grandkids
(Seth, Chase, Matt, Justin, Jackie, Me, Granny, Kristin)
Now I need you to brace yourself for this next picture. As we got together to take group pictures Granny had a simple request.
G: Hey, let's take one and pretend we're drunk!
M: Oh.....ok? That is a neat idea...
G: Yeah we always used to take pictures like this. Sometimes we would change clothes too.
M: Alright. Well let's keep our clothes but let's go ahead and pretend.
Kristin: But Granny I've never been drunk.
G: That's silly. But go ahead and just lay your head on my shoulder or something. That's what drunk people do.
M(to herself): I don't think my Nanny has ever asked us to take drunk pictures!!
Our best drunk impression?
We also had another celebration this weekend! On Friday (08-08-08!) Chloe VanLoh was welcomed into the world at a whoppin' 8 lbs, 12 oz. Her mama is amazing because you know, having a baby is no big deal and she really didn't have time to recover because she needed to get home and start running errands.
Kidding, Cara :)
But a couple of us went to visit her at the hospital today right before they got to go home. Chloe is so precious and has a beautiful head of hair! I predict lots of bows in her future. And it kinda gave me an idea of what my future babies might look like?? I can imagine our babies will definitely have dark hair because of Seth! But who knows. They just might end up looking breathtakingly gorgeous like their mama.
Sheila, Kim, Chloe, Me, and proud aunt Erika (Kim - congrats! You're awake this time!)
Whaddya think? Could I be a mom? She loves me already...we're already holding hands!
Cara and baby. Both healthy, happy, and ready to go home!
As if this weekend couldn't get any MORE exciting...I received a call from my dad on Saturday morning saying that Emily's boyfriend Kyle had called from Washington and asked for his permission to...........ask her to marry him!
When I asked him what he told him, he said, "Mary, I told him the same thing I told Seth. You can have her, but you can't give her back."
Aw, how...sweet...?
What? My little sisters don't get married. She is still 21 and little and in college. Oh my gosh. Time flies. Things have truly changed since we were all in our ugly bear Christmas sweaters.

Emily & Kyle
She was in Washington to visit him before school started back up again and you know, he did the typical boring proposal...picnic, waterfalls, whatever, right? :) You're too sweet, Kyle! And we can't wait to have you in our family!
Ok, I am having too hard of a time keeping up with the women's gymnastics sitting here at the computer. But I have to first take care of my loyal listeners before I cheer on my country, right?






4 comments:
wow, engaged sisters? time indeed flies.
doesn't everyone have a to-do list of errands when they come home from the hospital? :)
you look good with a baby :)
and, btw, for grandma's drunk picture, you should have shown yourself as ASLEEP because you get one drink in you and you're out for the night!
Dear Mary, I'm stalking your blog. I remember that drunk picture. I still have no idea where that came from. We took her on the Shiner Brewery tour once, and she kept trying to give me HER beer samples.
Post a Comment