Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Ode to Maggie

I have decided to begin a new tradition. Fridays with the Anderles' will include a special ode. To a person or animal, I deem most deserving for that week.

This week I am moved to write an "Ode to Maggie". Poor girl politely listens as everyone compliments her little bro's looks. Everytime we're on a walk, someone stops us to say "Wow! What a good lookin' dog!!!" All the while pointing at Tucker. She holds her head high. I know she doesn't want us to know it bothers her. However, I feel the least she deserves is an Ode. Because she is beautiful too!


"Ode to Maggie Girl"

Oh Maggie, Maggie you're one of a kind,

I found you on the Space Race bike ride!

You've always been there for me through thick and thin,

You sigh when I'm sad and cheer when I win!

We share popcorn together when we watch TV,

You always lay your head on my knee.

(Mostly when I'm eating though)

You lick my yogurt spoon every morn'

And when I leave for work you seem forlorn.

But you are a BIG GIRL now,

and that's a fact.

We love our Maggie May...

Hip Hip Hooray!

Ok, you got me. I didn't quite know how to end that. I kinda like this ode writing business though. Be on your best behavior if you'd like your own personal ode next week!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maggie is just as cute as Tucker! You don't want to give her a complex...

Paula said...

what do i have to do to get an ode written about me?!?!?!

The Fletchers said...

you let her lick your yougurt spoon! that is sick!

susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
susan said...

your writing is top notch. have i mentioned how lovely you are looking today? :)

Tiffany Dang said...

it's like swim swim moby but totally not. dwyre would be moved.