I know. It's taken me forever and a day to post these pictures. But some of you forget that besides holding down a full-time job, I also have to spend time being trophy wife, keeping house, and powdering my nose. It's a wonder I even have time for this right now...
We spent last Friday night and all day Saturday painting our house! Now remember, my painting experience is limited. Besides painting an accent wall in my college apartment, I have only ever really painted the outside of houses, thanks to summers of work camp. And let's just admit it - you don't have to be a professional to paint houses in the summer with your youth group OR your college apartment room.
Basically, I'm not what you would consider neat.
Considering everything I just babbled on about though, I think we did an alright job! I do have to run through and do some touch ups today, but thank goodness we are finished! I think we'll take a couple month hiatus before we move on to the bedroom.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Paint by Number
Now I can't finish this post without giving a BIG, GIANT shout out to the Erbeles'. Guys, they gave up their Saturday night to come over and help us finish painting the kitchen. For real. On one hand it WAS only fair because Kim was the one who convinced me to paint in the first place. So if the project went badly, it was ALL on her. Thankfully, with a combination of their experience and neatness, and Seth's fine painting job where the wall meets the ceiling...and my best effort...it turned out darn good.
That being said, I have to start writing an ode now...

Posted by
Mary
at
8:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
It looks so good! See y'all tomorrow!
Good job! i love sweet annie!
it looks so good! i love the kitchen color! i can't wait to see it in person...and then you guys can come over and help me paint our house :)
wow, it really does look nice :)
Post a Comment