Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Local Hero

I tell ya...the weeks are flying by! One minute it's Monday...the next it's the weekend again.

On Thursday night, Seth left for the weekend to go on a men's retreat with his dad. As I was dropping him off, we got a call from our neighbors telling us there was a massive bee hive in the tree in our front yard. How we never saw this I don't know. I wasn't too concerned though. I spend more time inside than in the front yard anyway. But Seth was all worried about the bees since he'd be gone for a few days and wanted to make sure his gorgeous pregnant wife wasn't attacked by those pesky yellow & black monsters.

Enter Garrett.

Seth gave our neighborhood handyman a call with instructions to take care of the bees. My life was clearly in DANGER.

Luckily Garrett made it out alive but it sounds like it was a close call. He put my safety first and claims the thought of his wife and newborn children were the only things that kept him going while in the line of fire. He even had time to set up the tripod and get a snapshot of himself in action. Garrett, for your bravery we are eternally grateful.


I mean, look at that! These weren't your ordinary bees...

In other news, I am sitting on the couch trying to recover from my day. It still amazes me how running errands, walking the dogs, etc...basically just doing NORMAL things tire me out so much. And the 103 degree heat index didn't help much either. So I'm nursing my aching hips and back and finishing off a bowl of ice cream. Woe is me, right? :)

I've also started the baby registering process and I have a few thoughts:

-Can someone please let Wal-Mart know that sometimes (or all the time) little boys don't like to wear Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh???

-Why are there so many stinkin' cute outfits and blankets with puppies on them???

-Please don't judge if I may have registered for 29 bibs and washcloths. It's really hard not to just scan everything in sight.

-Baby registries are 100% better than wedding registries

-I don't know where we'll manage to store a quarter of this baby stuff!

Anyway.

Maybe you'll get a new belly picture soon.

Then again, maybe not.

1 comments:

parsonsfamily said...

I don't even know where to begin with that picture. Hilarious!!