If you would've told me back in 1995 that moving to San Antonio would bring me to some of my greatest friends, I don't know if I would've believed it. Mostly because it's too hard to think that far ahead for a confused, hormonal 6th grader. How about this instead?
Stop right there. No comments about where you were in YOUR life circa 1995. I realize I'm young.
But on a serious note, for nearly 15 years, I have laughed with, cried with, played pranks on (well maybe the pranks were mostly on me), prayed with, sung with, danced with, worshipped with, cried more with, made music videos with, chased boys with, fought with, traded clothes with, etc, etc, ETC some of my best friends.
I thought it would be sweet to load a 15 year old picture of us on here.
But then I realized that would scare most of you...possibly cause you to stop reading the blog...and you might very well never look at me the same. So we will leave middle school pictures in all their bangs, braces, and four-eyed glory up on the dusty shelves in the closet where they belong.
WE KNOW!
This past weekend we met up in our old stopping grounds for a little R&R and girl time. Distance has never really been an issue for us except for when Susan lived in Cali for way too many years but we won't go there. Thank goodness for the invention of email. Which was also maybe around 1995. Interesting.
On Saturday afternoon we met at EZ's (one of my all-time favorites!), went shopping, and got pedis before we checked in at the Westin Riverwalk to spend time at the pool and enjoy a night on the town.
"Night on the town" is also relative when you're toting around 2 pregnant women.
But it was so much fun! We were also lucky enough to meet up with another one of our bunch at Paesano's for some dinner that evening. Megan, the aspiring doctor, was recovering from being on-call for THIRTY hours in her surgery rotation but still made the time to meet us and answer all my our medical questions. According to Megan, she first befriended me way back when because she felt sorry for the 6th grade girl who still had to wear matching dresses with her younger sisters at church. Sweet. Unfortunately we spent too much time chatting at dinner to get any pictures with her but I do have plenty more. You would've thought we were tourists or something with the posed pictures we kept stopping to take.
I guess this is why self-timers were invented
This get-together will be a little more interesting next year when we have diaper bags, bottles, and pacis with our luggage too...!
And to continue making this the longest post ever, I have to share one more exciting thing. When I got home I was DELIGHTED to see our backyard! Greg & Jacky decided to nurse their green thumbs this weekend and put some flower beds in their backyard...leaving them with a lot of extra grass. So Seth got up bright and early on Sunday to get the yard ready and lay the first load of sod. He's picking up another load tonight - yea! We still need more but this was a great (and free) kickstart!
Zero.
Ah, bliss.






3 comments:
Yeah for the first post about chi chi weekend 2k9 !!!!
Love you lots and cant wait to share it with the little chiklets next year! :)
so fun! can't wait for next year, as crazy as it will be with the CHICLETS ;)
too much fun...meant sooooo much to have you girls back in town.
good times full of reminiscing and making new, wonderful memories. :)
Post a Comment