We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him. - 1 Samuel 1:27
Weighing in at a whopping 15 ounces and measuring 10 inches long...we would like to introduce to you...
SO CUTE, RIGHT?!
(I had to edit this post and take out the middle name. Seth is still on the fence. Garrett has also thrown "the snake" into the suggestion box. So really, anything could happen...)
Seth took one look at the screen and said, "That kid looks nothing like me!" Never mind the super long fingers or legs (has he ever looked in the mirror?).
(I had to edit this post and take out the middle name. Seth is still on the fence. Garrett has also thrown "the snake" into the suggestion box. So really, anything could happen...)
Seth took one look at the screen and said, "That kid looks nothing like me!" Never mind the super long fingers or legs (has he ever looked in the mirror?).
Today's visit was awesome! We got some great shots and are so thankful we have the best u/s tech in the world. Everything looks completely normal...10 fingers, 10 toes, blood is flowing, kidneys work, brain & spinal cord look perfect!
We have been so blessed. I've struggled a lot with faith during this pregnancy. From the minute I got the positive pregnancy test, I was convinced this wouldn't be a viable pregnancy. At every appointment I prepared myself for them to tell me there wasn't a heartbeat. I just couldn't fathom that God had chosen Seth & I to be parents and I was sure he'd change his mind. That He'd all of a sudden remember something I might have done and thought twice. But the big guy upstairs doesn't make mistakes. And He knew I needed a ray of sunshine in my life after having gone through a bad experience last year. It took a swift kick in the butt and someone ELSE asking me about my faith to realize that Jake IS and always has been apart of God's plan for us. I never really planned on sharing this, especially on the blog, but I think I realized how THANKFUL I truly am today for this beautiful baby boy. And how honored I am that God has chosen Seth & I to raise him. And how blessed I am to have the best husband in the world to experience this with me. And how much I LOVE HIM!
Leave it to Satan to attack me during such a joyful time...and leave it to God to help me realize that and deliver me from unbelief and doubt.
I sing for joy at the works of Your hands - Psalm 92:4
Onto the pictures!
Profile shot
I am so sad to say that this is probably one of our last ultrasounds! The doctor said I'd probably (hopefully) get one more around 36-38 weeks and then we get to meet little Jake in person!! We were given an "official" due date of October 11th, 2009 so here's hoping we'll be singing Happy Birthday that Sunday if not before!
(My doctor is leaving town October 17th. He PROMISED me I would have this baby by then. I made him pinky swear.)






6 comments:
SO COOL! I think the baby looks like Seth in the face! Ok, tonight at dinner let's go over the pros and cons of both middle names and get this settled once & for all!
Wow! I love those pictures, they are so cool! I'm so happy you are blessed :)
Pregnancy is one HUGE test of faith. God is so good--He never gives us more than we can handle. (But there is no grace for our imaginations, huh?)
Did you switch Jacob for Jake? Or is it a nickname? I like Jake. :)
just a nickname. still jacob. yes, we're going to be THOSE people.
crazy cool pics! he is beautiful and you will make excellent parents. never doubt that. hope i get to meet the little guy someday.
i can't believe how much he looks like a BABY in those pictures! and he's still such a tiny thing!
Post a Comment