Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 8, 2012

Jake is 3!

I'm not sure I knew the meaning of pure joy until 3 years ago today.  Funny how a 6lb 7oz baby boy can just completely turn your life upside down!


Jakey, Jake the Snake, Jakers.  I'm sorry I lied when I promised we wouldn't give you a nickname.  You and your brother have been the biggest blessings from God!  It is completely humbling that He trusted us to raise 2 sweet boys.  


You are funny, sweet, mischievous, hard-headed, strong-willed, smart, curious, patient, impatient, loveable, persistent, and difficult...all at the same time. :)  You are the only YOU in the whole world.


You are growing up before our eyes and it makes us so proud to be your parents.  Sometimes I just want to hug you close and never let you go.  I know the next 15 years are just going to FLY.


You are truly a "big boy" like you tell us, and have changed so much this year.  You are the best big brother to Drewbie (again, the nicknames) and he loves you so much!  We loved celebrating your birthday this weekend and you are so so blessed to have SO MANY people that love and support you!  I could just cry.

Which basically means I'm toast at your high school graduation.  

Well, probably pre-K graduation too.

We love you so much and I thank God everyday I am able to stay home with you during these early years.  You make each day an adventure.

Birthday party posts to come... 

1 comments:

Jessie said...

I can't believe he is 3! I remember the night he was born like it was yesterday. Happy Birthday Sweet Jake!!!