This morning we woke up bright and early to take Drew to the hospital so he could get tubes in his ears. Poor buddy has had 8 ear infections in the past 9 months and it was due time we did something about it! He did so great during the prep time and just played on my phone. I cannot say enough good things about the staff at Memorial Hermann out here...they were so sweet to Drew. Before I had time to even threaten the anesthesiologist (kidding. maybe.) he already had told us that Drew was so handsome and he would treat him like he was treating his own child. I know they probably tell that to everyone but hey, it won this mom over!
He got a little medicine to relax him before the surgery. This was about when his eyes were starting to droop...
The surgery was so quick (they took him back at 7:40am and we were home before 8:30am!) but he was spittin' mad when he came out. This continued most of the day. Someone is going to give Jake a run for his money!
Sweet boy dozed in and out on the way home. Not sure he was fully awake at this point.
Drew is such a Daddy's boy and I was so glad Seth was home to help out today! He took 2 long naps and will hopefully be back to himself in the next couple days.
In the meantime, Jake had his first official "sleepover" with friends and had a blast! We are so blessed to have good friends here that are like our family. Not only was he taken care of last night, but they took him to gymnastics, the park, and to get ice cream. He may want Drew to have surgery everyday!
We are so thankful that God took care of our sweet boy today and hope his ears heal so we don't have to mess with ear infections anymore!









3 comments:
He is so sweet! Glad it is all over and I hope he is feeling better.
Poor baby! I hope they help.
I had my first set of tubes in my ears when I was 18 months. So glad he'll be feeling better!!
Post a Comment