This morning I am taking advantage of the fact that my child is actually being normal and sleeping past 7am. Now I know the life of luxury all my friends lead! :)
To finish up the Easter celebrations, we came home and got our Easter basket from Nana! As you can see, Jake was not for the picture taking part. He more has a "give me that, let me see it, more stuff for ME" attitude at this age.


Sometimes it just makes it easier to dump out the entire basket. Sigh.

I must have accidentally loaded this picture but it is an accurate depiction of the struggle that Jake endures getting out of bed each morning. Everything has to come with us to the breakfast table. Everything. And his sweet little hands just can't seem to hold it all. His blanket, stuffed hedgehog, Woody doll, puppy dog, and bear. They all end up getting dropped at least 2-3 times along the way and we have to stop and pick them up after countless "UH-OH!"s.
Back to Easter...

I told Seth that all I wanted was a picture of Jake sitting next to his basket with a big grin on his face. I was told to wait 12 more years.

A big hug for his new Woody doll. Woody goes everywhere with us now!

Again, easier to see when we throw things on the floor.

If you think his basket looked dinky, never fear. He also got a brand new 4-wheeler (not pictured). Hopefully he will share with his little brother so we haven't set way too high of Easter expectations in the years to come :)

Family Easter picture (which may or may not have been taken yesterday). For some reason, Seth and I did not dress in appropriate Easter attire on the actual day (looked like we were ready for a funeral) so I made us reinact the special moment yesterday - ha! I think Seth officially thinks I'm crazy. Thanks Jennifer for coming outside in your pjs to take this for us!
0 comments:
Post a Comment