Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Summer Fun...in the Spring

If you live in or around Houston, you will agree that it's been HOT outside! Last week, on a particularly warm day, we headed to the neighborhood pool with our friends. And it actually felt refreshing. In April.

People, I don't have high hopes for July.


Macie taught Jake how to play Ring Around the Rosie. Right before she taught him how to fight for his life as she accidentally dragged him underwater around the baby pool. Good thing Mama was 2 ft away :)

Because of the aforementioned incident, we decided to borrow some floaties. Not in our preferred color, but hey, safety first!
If you look closely, you can see that Jake is holding a leaf in each hand. I know I've mentioned before how he's a little (ahem) OCD. He was cleaning out the baby pool, like he was the Polaris. He would pick up all the leaves, sticks, toys, etc and lay them on the side. Makes a Mama proud!


Hanging with Lexi


This picture didn't really go as I had planned...thanks to Jack and Lexi for at least attempting to look my way!

(Lexi, Jake, Blake, Jack, & Macie)


Warming up after a fun afternoon of swimming!


I know summer is just beginning, but I want to get Jake to the pool as much as possible in May while I can still enjoy it with him! We've been one more time since and he had so much fun with his new floaties and "jumping" off the side of the pool.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

You have been on a roll lately with the blogging! Jake looks so cute in these pictures. I can't wait to go swimming with him. I will take him to the pool in June for you :)

The doTERRA Darling said...

Jealous yalls pool is already open!