Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

We Can't Afford to Be Wrong

I felt like I needed to shout a big "amen" after watching this...



I can't stop thinking about his point of us misrepresenting God. Because I think this happens daily. As Francis says, we justify actions or events by saying, "Well God would never do __________." Or "God wouldn't really send ________ people to hell..."

Or would He?

By putting God's actions in submission to our reasoning, we humanize Him in a way that isn't necessarily ok. We put Him in a box that we're comfortable with and move on.

But like he said, "We CAN'T afford to be wrong....."

Can't wait for his new book to come out!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Thanks for posting this. Francis Chan has a gift and he is using it to bless people's lives. I will be sharing this with my friends.

Marla Taviano said...

I loooooved this video, and I looooove how Francis Chan lives out what he preaches. Can't wait for the book!