I would say you're about to be shocked and amazed by the quality of pictures in this post but that would be a lie. I thought we took a ton of great pictures to capture Easter weekend, but...I think I just confused memories and pictures :)
We started out celebrating Good Friday at Seth's parents house. Every year they host a Crawfish Boil and this one was no exception. I think I've been going with Seth since 2004. That's a lot of crawfish and I can't imagine missing it!
Jake had so much fun running around outside. It's a good thing his grandparents are good sports because they kept him entertained while I kept coming inside to cool off. I think it was right under 120 degrees that day.
Oops, think I caught Seth in mid-conversation :)
Jake got a new bubble blowing lawn mower and didn't let the thing out of his sight. Also note the sippy cup in his arm. He has got to have something in both hands at all times!
We got to catch up with almost all of Seth's extended family and lots of old friends. It was a great way to see everyone all at once!

Just part of the food. I actually should've taken a picture of the dessert table because that's more my forte. And don't let that corn fool you - it lights your lips on fire!

Jake looooves his cousin Alyssa. And she looooves him. We kept joking that they were boyfriend/girlfriend, except I'm not sure those titles will be appropriate in a few more years! If I could have this girl move in with us, I'd be set. She played with Jake, helped him eat, refilled my drink class. If only I could've tested her foot rubbing abilities...

Playing with Tristan and Alyssa. Tristan was born one week before Jake and I think they'll be good friends!

Seth eating with Ashley, Josh, Steve, Cari, and Kevin

Proof that I was actually around too!

As you can imagine, the kids were a disaster after being outside all day. Nothing like a warm bubble bath to make our little boys all sweet smelling again!
Late that night I headed to San Antonio to prepare for not one, but two wedding showers on Saturday. Some of my childhood friends and our moms threw a shower for our dear friend Susan that morning (pictures to come later) and then from that we moved on to another shower for Rachel and Michael. As much as Seth and Jake love showers, I figured it was better for them to stay in LG to do boy things.
So in the meantime...

Jake got to grill out at Uncle Martin and Aunt Kathleen's house and meet his new baby cousin Elizabeth...

Uncle Chase also helped him hunt eggs with Gwyneth and Alyssa.

I got back on Saturday evening and we met at Uncle Greg and Aunt Cynthia's house for fajitas and to see family one more time. All of the festivities wiped Jake out!
Then we came home for our family Easter and to see what the Easter Bunny brought...pictures on my next post :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment