Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday!

Jake,

You are a sweet little boy! It's hard to imagine that you've been with us for a year. 12 whole months! At this time last year, I was waiting in the hospital room, praying that you would be born on the 8th because I wanted you to have your OWN day (as you know, everyone in our family has October birthdays!). Dr. Rawson said there was no way you'd come before midnight. Little did he know!

At 11:02 pm...after 18 minutes of pushing (thanks bud!)...you graced us with your beautiful presence. I still remember the way I felt when they put you in my arms. Relief. Joy. Excitement. Anticipation. Love. Most of your family was waiting at the hospital along with many of our close friends. We were so blessed to share that special night with so many loved ones. We couldn't wait to tell everyone about you!

Because you truly were the most beautiful baby any of us had ever seen. :)

A lot of things don't come easy to me, but for some reason being your mama did. You weren't the easiest baby in the world, but I think we just didn't know any different and that was probably best - ha! But you have grown into the happiest baby boy. Sometimes you get such a big case of the giggles and it's so sweet. We can't wait to see you in the morning when you wake up. You are so excited to see us and your doggies!

You have been transitioning to whole milk and love it although you still nurse twice a day. You love anything that's not a vegetable. You've recently been introduced to pizza, ravioli, and lasagna - you are crazy about them! Peanut butter sandwiches are a new favorite too.

You are taking 2 naps a day, mostly 2 hours each. You've been such a good sport working around mommy's work schedule during the day and everytime I pick you up from Ms. Susie's house, she immediately says, "HE IS SO GOOD!!". You have so much fun playing with all their superhero toys.

I think we can officially call you a walker now too! You have improved by leaps and bounds in the past week. Tonight you even walked from our kitchen to the front door - that's a lot of steps!!! You can stand up on your own without holding onto anything and are super proud of yourself.

You are very into sharing, especially with your food. You like to give Tucker your scraps - such a generous little boy. We spend a lot of time putting things "in" and "out" and "opening" and "closing". You seem to follow instruction well (well...to an extent) and hate to hear the word "no"! You give me such a pitiful little face when I tell you no. You have a mind of your own and are stubborn like both your parents! You are very good at tantrums, specifically rolling around looking pathetic. I think we have an interesting few years ahead of us!!

I know that your daddy and I wouldn't change anything and we love having you around so much! We are so excited to see you grow...to watch your little personality form...to see how you'll change...your likes and dislikes...so many exciting things are ahead!

We hope you love your puppy "pawty" tomorrow and know you can't wait to see all your family and friends. We are so proud of you and love you SO MUCH!!

Love,
Mommy & Dad

(your "daddy" made me change that to "dad"...did I mention where you got that stubborn streak from?)













(pictures courtesy of Rebecca Todd Photography)

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy birthday Jake! You are such a cutie!

And that last line made me laugh out loud...except I'M the one that doesn't like to be called "mommy." :)

Andrea said...

Such a handsome little man!