Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Talk about a semi-successful/failure of a weekend. The attic door project was temporarily postponed because of a pesky gas line that was in the way. I told Seth, "Well, pick it up and move it then!". Apparently it doesn't work that way. So the Christmas tree remains in our extra bedroom. Curtains were not hung either. HOWEVER...curtain rod was purchased and curtains were (sadly) on backorder. So you can't say I didn't try. They will be up by the end of the week though! Hooray! We have almost completed all our "Anderle Spring Goals"! (Don't ask) I am still sore from Saturday's ride though. You'd think all the ice cream and pudding we've snacked on this weekend would fix that problem right up.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything that fascinating to update you on. Which probably comes as a shock to most of you. I am about ready for V-Day decorations to leave the stores!!! How cheesy can they possibly make this holiday??! Valentine's Day to me means: get some flowers, have a decent dinner. I don't want any 5 ft tall teddy bears, boxes of chocolates (well I wouldn't refuse them), or mylar balloons that say "Be Mine". You have to draw the line somewhere people. But don't worry...HEB already has Easter out in full force. I just wish it were time for candy corn again...ahh fall.

Ok, I did think of something. Today I had to run a few errands at the mall. And I HATE the mall. I always think I'll get over it. I always think "this time will be different", but the older I get, the more I can't stand the place. Now don't get me wrong...I enjoy shopping. Just not in a massive building with a million stores and a million people. It's really the crowds. It's the noise. It's all the smells. It's much too overwhelming for me and I nearly always find myself in a cold sweat or a panic. Not even joking. This is why we had to have our Christmas shopping finished by mid-November because there was no way I'd be able to handle the stores, come Christmastime. It's bad I know. The same panic also happens in long lines at the grocery store and that other place I used to shop for my multi-purpose needs (WM). I realize this is pretty abnormal woman behavior. But I can't think of a worse way to spend my day. Unless it's a quick run-in to grab a cinnamon pretzel from Auntie Anne's. That store alone redeems the mall just a little.

Dinner meeting tomorrow night w/ the Bayles'. We always have important things to discuss (i.e. celebrity gossip, Aggie athletics, who's who in Houston, etc). We have an excellent dinner menu in store if I may say so myself. Oh, and that reminds me...be on the lookout for a fun recipe and 10 little known facts about Mary on the next blog!! I can't even stand the anticipation!

1 comments:

Becca said...

I agree...Valentine's day is WAY too commercialized!!