I think I need to stop changing our blog template because everytime I do, it messes up all the other posts. So now some of them look stupid. But I really don't want to go back and change them all so please forgive.
Today is my Friday off work. I've come to the conclusion that I really need TWO days off work during the week, plus the weekend. There's never enough time to get anything done! How am I supposed to maintain a super-clean house, cook breakfast and dinner, have time to watch all my shows (non-existent they may be right now), read my books, have hobbies, spend quality time with my husband, run all my errands (not at Wal-Mart though), etc etc etc with only 3 non-work days a week to prepare! I know what you're thinking. And it's the same thing I've been thinking for YEARS. I've known this next fact way down deep in the bottom of my heart since I was a small girl. Mary does not have time to work.
I tried to convince my dad when he suggested I go to college. "It's just going to be a waste of our money because I don't like to work!" (Can't say I didn't tell him so) I TRIED to convince Seth when he told me a stay-at-home wife is lazy. When is anyone going to start listening to me!!
Let's move to Seth. Seth LOVES to work! He loves designing drill bits and working on engineering programs and seeing his design become a tangible creation. B-o-r-i-n-g. So shouldn't his extreme love of work balance out my extreme un-love of work? And to clarify, this is ANY sort of work. Whether I am a CPA or a HEB checker...I still hold the same feelings. Yet, it's something I've done since the second I turned 16. Maybe this is why God brought us together. Because he KNEW only someone like Seth, someone with the incredible patience of Seth, and someone with the inability to lose his temper would suit me. Am I making myself sound difficult? Hopefully not :)
Now that I think about it, it isn't just work I'm not suited for. I was never suited for school. How un-fun of school to take up our ENTIRE DAY, every day, for 12+ years! I hated going to school! But I never wanted to stay home sick (I think I'm making myself sound crazy). I despised homework, I loathed school projects, and wanted to hide from group-work. HATE GROUP WORK. What happened to just waking up and having fun from sunrise to sundown? I can already imagine Seth's face as he is reading this. It's a face I know all too well...
I think I've just come to the conclusion that I don't like thing interfering with my time. That's it! That's my problem! If I so CHOOSE to go to school, then that's great. If I'd like to go to work...fantastic! But if you command me to participate in either...automatic dislike.
Yeah, women are complicated.
Bike ride #2 tomorrow and a busy weekend ahead! I'll try to get some pictures time time.
Friday, February 1, 2008

Posted by
Mary
at
7:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
hmm...how interesting that the "class bookworm" HATED school :)
bookworm = likes fun books! not textbooks!!!
so entertaining!!
Hey it's Tyler...remember me from your tax class haha. Okay so just wasting time at work and dropped by the blog. Pretty funny stuff. I mean, ya it hurt that you said you hate group work (b/c I was in your group...so you must hate me!). Just kidding, I think I probably hate group work more than anyone in the world.
Anyway, I'm rambling. You should probably quit your job. Tell your husband I think it's okay haha. Then I can quit and you can tell my husband its okay. Okay?
:) Tyler
Post a Comment