Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Family Fun

Oh yeah. The Anderles (note missing apostrophe) know how to have a good time. Maggie had an AWESOME first birthday. I made sure to note the "1 year" in the picture so that we'll be able to distinguish between 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th....50th birthday celebration pictures down the road. And before you do anything else, please take that look of disgust off your face. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. "She STILL wears those pj pants???" As Dabney nicely suggested earlier today, "How about just some solid gray or black ones...some not so 'middle school'". And she's supposed to be on of my oldest BFF. Hmph. I happen to like my halloween-ish pj pants from high school. And I'll wear them whenever I want to. Whether or not they happen to match my shirt of choosing.

But we had a grand old time. All the while I was trying to frantically make this Amish Friendship bread dough I had thrown at me last week. I'm sure some of you are familiar with this. Basically it's dough that you receive from a "friend" and gingerly knead and care for during a 10 day period, and then bake...and at the same time creating additional bags of dough to help you gain more friends. Neat idea but I have never used so much flour or sugar in one night. And for some reason I thought flour was really healthy. Probably just like I thought wine and liquor had no nutritional content. I think I just always assumed they were like natural tea or coffee...essentially nothing. Boy was I wrong. 2 tbsp of flour is already 110 calories! Multiply that by the probably 5 or 6 cups I ended up using in all the dough - yikes! I don't even know how many tbsp are in one cup! But I bet I could tell you if I looked at the measurement magnet on the fridge. Anyway. This is getting more random and I need ice cream. Homemade vanilla with a few sprinkles of powdered Nestle quick should do the trick!

1 comments:

Allison said...

I love the usage of Anderles :) And are those bits of carrot on the cake??