Don't worry. I'm not losing my mind or prematurely getting my hopes up for an undefeated Aggie football season. I'm just reliving the glory days.
Or day.
To tell you the truth, this is just one of the first pictures that came up when I googled A&M football.
I have a point.
College football season officially started last night! This time of year always makes me so happy. Maybe because I know Seth is over the moon. Maybe because I know there will be less golf on TV. Whatever the reason, it's exciting. Until about mid-October when I start wondering if I'll ever be able to watch anything else on TV in my whole life. But I did my part. Seth was at school last night. I was in bed with a headache. But I still had the TV on as if I was watching Boise St vs. Oregon. Even though the blue turf bugs.
I really do have a point.
I noticed that BooMama was hosting a "Diptacular" on her blog. And it got me thinking. College football is really 40% football, 60% food. You know you agree. It's hard to get irritated at the TV that is mysteriously stuck on ESPN when you have a nice hot bowl of queso and lots of chips. Or a plate of brownies. And a soda (or your drink of choice) is a MUST. Heck, I might even risk pulling out the cherry salsa.
Do I dare??
So in the spirit of the Diptacular, I wanted to share my own gameday dip recipe. Except it's not my own, it's Cara's, but it's still so very good and I reminisced about it the other day when asked for the recipe. This is an easy one that we often take to our Aggie tailgates (and one Seth will be taking solo tomorrow...almost a little sad here, folks!) and it gets eaten right up.
Andale Dip
(not to be confused with Anderle dip)
2 16oz cans diced tomatoes
2 4oz cans chopped green chilis
2 4oz cans chopped black olives
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp oil
4-6 green onions, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
Mix all together and serve chilled with chips
Easy and delicious. In fact, maybe I will start sharing a good gameday recipe every Friday!
Then again, maybe not.
Here's hoping the Ags can pull off a victory tomorrow against New Mexico. Because it's a new season, right?
WHOOP!
p.s. We also need to discuss ESPN's poor choice of using Kenny Chesney to sing their new college football song. Really? I mean, yes, I was as tired of the Big & Rich promo as you were, but Kenny Chesney??







3 comments:
We had that dip last night...SO good! And...what is wrong with Kenny Chesney??? I guess he is not very College Football like, but he is great!
I don't know what it is about you, girl, but you kill me.
When is Jake due again? I'm thinking of interviewing you either a.) while you're in labor or b.) right after he comes out. I think that would be extra-funny.
i love how you aggies live in reality (sometimes) when it comes to your football team. now if only your school song reflected that. can we put aside the rivalry (or at least your hatred of us) and hope the heismann goes to a boy who really loves Jesus and shares a name with a baby horse?
Post a Comment