In...the...home...stretch!How my belly will stretch for 5 more weeks, I'm not sure. It is crazy to think that we pretty much have to be prepared for anything right now. I washed 4 loads of baby things this weekend. How is that even possible? It takes 4 loads to wash all of me and Seth's things each week! So with everything washed and folded, I just need to finish getting our hospital bags ready and organize ONE more closet (kinda put this off) and THEN I will officially be ready to have this child. Not that I'm ready mentally or anything like that. I think I will probably still be in shock when Jake is 3 months old.
Speaking of that kid...
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
I've actually had a decent amount of energy this weekend, but that was probably due to the daily nap I got! Tomorrow it's back to work and back to no naps. How unfair is my life?
We take our last class at the hospital this week also - tomorrow night is Newborn Care. I may or may not have already taken said class back in April with Garrett while Kim was on bedrest. That being said, I better win all the diaper challenges, swaddling races, and prizes! The rest of the class is GOING DOWN! Between this class, the infant CPR, and breastfeeding (did I really just type that on my blog?) we will probably be approximately 30% prepared to welcome our child.
I've said all year that it would be so cool to go into labor on Labor Day. Well, Labor Day has almost come and gone, and unfortunately no baby. :) Which is a good thing I guess, considering Jake still needs to fatten up a bit and finish up his brain development. Minor, but whatever.
I'm kidding, I promise.
So that's my long-winded baby update that didn't really provide you with that much information after all. I'll leave you with a picture of me and Tucker chatting about the baby after our walk.
Happy short week of work!
Monday, September 7, 2009
35 Weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Look at that baby belly!!!! I barely recognized you today when I saw you walking :)
Growing growing growing! I can't believe you are so close!! I can't wait for Jake to get here!
Post a Comment