Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...Fall?

...maybe not, but it was a little confusing to feel the 71 degree temperature this morning! I wouldn't necessarily say it was "cool"...and it definitely wasn't "cold"...but it was a START!

Maybe Jake can wear a bunting when he's born after all!

(And because I am writing this, it will probably be back up to 97 degrees and 120% humidity by next Monday)

I almost didn't even sweat on our morning walk. Which, by the way, is turning into quite the episode of "Man vs. Wild". Several weeks ago, Georgia & I encountered a wild hog. No joke. We got to add him to the list of rabbits, snakes, frogs, and armadillos. This morning we had a rare encounter with a rat. Good thing Kedra screamed her best "I'm being abducted and am about to die" scream, because she scared that rodent right away.

It's a wonder we're all still alive.

But back to what I was saying about fall. I noticed that Starbucks is offering their Pumpkin Spice Lattes again, which is another good sign. Not that I order them, or even like them, but it is a fabulous indication that these aren't far behind:


And everyone knows the the red Starbucks cups just mean plain happiness! The coffee tastes SO MUCH BETTER. You don't feel as guilty for ordering a Peppermint Mocha or Salted Hot Chocolate. It's like Christmas in a cup! Even if it's 90 degrees outside, you IMAGINE that it's 45, because it just takes you to a different place. Like outside on your wrap-around porch, covered in a blanket, reading your favorite book, and gazing off into the mountains across the way.

Perhaps I am a bit delusional.

Summary of this post? Bring on the cold weather!

5 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

I got some good book news last night and Gabe wanted to treat me to a Pumpkin Spice Latte (one of his online buddies bragged that he got the first one of the season). He (Gabe) got to the drive-thru and, "I'm sorry. We're not serving those until tomorrow." BAH!

Kim Erbele said...

Hey, Kedra's yelp of a scream and her arms flapping about as she ran into the street saved our lives from the rat! Thanks Kedra!! I still laugh every time I think about it.

Jaime said...

I am so ready for pumpkins and spicy drinks! Come on cool weather!

Kedra said...

ha ha ha! go ahead and laugh~ I admit, I am SCARED of a big, fat rat!! and if I see that thing again tomorrow I will scream like that again!

Jill said...

i love the pumpkin drinks. i don't know if i even really like them...but i love what they represent so i get them and love them. does that make sense?!
and, have you had the salted caramel? it sounds so weird i'm afraid to try. let me know if you've had one~