Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mystery Meat?

I know, right? Sick. The name says it all.

A loaf. Of meat.

Meat...in a loaf.

A loaf of bread? Sure. A loaf of meat? I don't think so.

I have grown up dreading this vomit-like meaty substance. Nothing makes me gag more.

Hint: When we have children one day...do not bring this to us. Pretty please.

However, after a year and a half of whining and pleading from my husband, a lover of meat in loaves, I gave in and decided to prepare a fresh loaf for dinner tonight. I spent all day thinking of ways I could add a little oomph to this meal. Queso makes anything good, right?

I was given strict instructions though to follow our recipe to the T. I was not to alter the ingredients, misshape the meat, or add any sort of sauce whatsoever. Yes sir!

And now for the reason I'm writing this post in the first place.

I actually...sorta...maybe...liked it?

I know. You're asking yourself, "do you know what you just ate????" But I do. I realize it. And it took a very SIMPLE recipe with not a lotta oomph (except for a dousing of Heinz 57 - my absolute fav) to semi-please my stomach.

Don't get excited. This is by no means by new favorite dish. But it has now become bearable...almost semi-desirable. I will no longer refer to it as "vomit-loaf".

Mom, I almost apologize now for all those times I sat crying at the dinner table b/c I wouldn't clean my plate.

Meatloaf
2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg onion soup mix
1/3 cup ketchup
3/4 cup water
2 eggs
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl . Shape into a loaf (if you can bear to) and place in greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake for one hour. Try to enjoy :) Oh and dip in lots o' Heinz 57!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I realize I am no master chef and I take pride in the simple creations. But, come on, meatloaf is delicious! It is one of my all time favorites!

Mama said...

So really...no sauce??? Isn't it totally dry?

Listen Anderles, come over to mi casa sometime and I'll show you how to do the loafy meat right!