Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Middle Name Isn't Fussy...

...but someone elses is!

Jake has pretty much proved that his lungs are in excellent condition! And when this kid gets going, nothing can stop him.

Except food of course.

But to avoid feeding my child round the clock we have taken to other methods of calming him down. Such as the hair dryer. And the vacuum cleaner. Forget driving around in the car...or going on a walk. Whoever heard of a baby that wasn't calmed by the sound of a car or the bumpty bump of a stroller??? In fact, we took Jake and the dogs on a long walk tonight and guess who screamed the entire 1.75 miles?

Not me.

Anyway. He has almost grown out of newborn diapers so we'll probably be moving to size 1 (sniff sniff) by the end of this week. He is also starting to finally fill out his newborn clothes so we have many more fashion options! It's funny that so many of his 0-3 month clothes still look humongous. Unless he hits a huge growth spurt over the next month or so, we might be exchanging some of his 3-6 month clothes for short sleeves! I guess you never know.

And in honor of Jake's one month birthday, we also kicked him to the crib.

I thought that phrase was clever, did you?

He has done fine so far...nothing's really different except now instead of hearing a crying baby next to me in the bassinet, I hear a crying baby through a staticky monitor along with the sound of our Fisher Price aquarium and the babbling brook on the sound machine. Seth & I have decided we might need all these things to go to sleep too by the end of it!

But enough talking. You want pictures. And I will give them to you!


Check out those kicks!

My hair dryer's new home. The second you turn that thing off though...

One of Jake's many funny faces!

Sweet Tucker desperately wants Jake to play with him. He was crying in his carseat before our walk and Tucker went and gave him his toy bone. Maybe next year he'll throw it back!




Another funny fish face

The other morning after I fed Jake, I had Seth watch him while I put our breakfast in the oven. I came back to find this:
Talk about sweet!

7 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

Sorry about all the fussing. It won't last forever! (well, it will just take on different forms)

He's a cutie. LOVE that last pic!

Andrea said...

Love all the funny faces! I'm glad to see Tucker is trying to involve Jake in playing with his favorite bone!

Jolene said...

I can't believe he's already over a month old. That last pic is too cute. You might make a trip to Brookstone soon for one of those ocean sound noise machines! hehe

Paula said...

sorry about the crying- you had a good run there for a while! i'm sure this will pass- just not as quickly as you want it to :)

that last picture of jake and seth is precious!

The Fletchers said...

Oh.My.Goodness. That pic of Jake and Seth melts my heart! You need to frame that one! :)

Kimberly said...

I promise the crying won't last forever. Just keep on keeping on. It will pass before you know it. He is such a cutie. It makes me want to cry seeing him in my boys' newborn clothes. It wasn't that long ago when they were in them. Enjoy every cry because the time FLIES!!!

Tami said...

He is so cute! Let me know when you want to get out for awhile:)