Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Falling Behind

Ohmygoodness.

It is like a full-time job just trying to organize pictures of my baby boy! So I apologize for falling a bit behind. Hopefully this post will make up for my lack of just a little bit...

Jake had a very busy weekend as always! I know you are all dying to see pictures of a Halloween costume. And I just might be the worst mom in the world because I've yet to take a picture of him dressed up! Let's be honest...Jake was in his costume a total of 5 or 6 minutes over the course of the weekend. Seth kept making me take it off because "he doesn't like it, Mary!"

So I'm working on that. I'd really like a family picture. Or something halfway memorable at least. But we still have pictures in Halloween outfits so I figured that might suffice.

Dabney and Susan both came in town to meet their "nephew" and between you and me, I think they were impressed! We had such a fun time catching up - I love these girls so much! They even babysat for us while we took the dogs on a walk on Saturday.

It's babysteps, people.

We went to the Bayles' house for on Saturday night for dinner, some football, trick or treaters, and a fun game of pass the baby. :)
Dabney, Me, Paula (and Noah), Jake, Susan
Dabney took some beautiful pictures of Jake while she was here! Poor thing is only going to recognize his mama with a camera at her face.
Sweet baby boy!
A little unsure of what in the world we were doing to him...

...and maybe a little upset we didn't let him trick or treat?


Jake went to his first Halloween party on Friday night and got to meet a lot of friends. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures...it was too stressful to keep track of a camera and a baby at that point! On Saturday morning, he went to Macie's 2nd birthday party at the park. He joined in all the festivities and especially loved the bounce house!

Maybe I'm kidding...maybe I'm not...

He is already quite popular. Some might think it's too early for birthday parties but I disagree. He's even got another one in 2 weeks! :)

Aunt Dabney & Jake

Have you been wondering about the progress of the candy corn pumpkin? It was quickly emptying itself...I found the culprit!


Thanks Aunt Georgia for my cute outfit!

Yes, Jake has a billion "aunts" and "uncles"! He is one lucky boy!)

We have spent the first part of today trying to recuperate. Jake had a less than stellar night of sleep. Perhaps his worst yet. But most other nights actually haven't been that bad. He goes to bed around 10 or 10:30, wakes up at 3:30 or 4 to eat, and then again at 7:30. He's had some serious gas issues (nobody likes a bad case of gas!) but we're working on it and have discovered that was part of the reason for a not so happy baby. We won't go so far as to call him colicky, however...

Colic is extended frantic crying in an otherwise healthy and well-fed infant. It's thought to affect between 10 and 25 percent of babies under 3 months of age. All infants cry more in the first three months of life than at any other time in their lives, but colic is different. Some doctors define it by the rule of threes: three hours of crying at a time, at least three times a week, for at least three weeks in a row — usually starting between the third and sixth week of life. The "colicky" episodes often come on suddenly in the evening hours. Many babies will cry intensely, unable to be soothed, clenching their fists and drawing up their legs. Every baby is different, but colic usually fades away by around 3 months.

...that kinda describes him to a T!

Oh well. It's amazing the incredible patience you all of a sudden have when you become parents. I just feel bad for him when I know he's hurting! Whatever it is, let's hope it all clears up sooner than later.

We are looking forward to a hopefully quiet and relaxing week and weekend. We are going to take advantage of some much needed family time and just enjoy each other's company! Life has been a bit of a whirlwind lately. I can't seem to think why??

:)

5 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

I was just about ready to say something, and then you posted.

Um, you look AMAZING. Someday I hope my stomach is as flat as yours.

Very cute little boy you've got there.

Andrea said...

I would be happy to "babysit" while you walk the dogs! Cute pictures, can't wait to see him again!

The Fletchers said...

Way to go on the LONG blog post!! Thanks for a great weekend!!! I am so in love with Jake and cant wait to hug and kiss on him again!!

myra said...

What fun you've been having (colic asside)! And I totally agree with Marla, you do look A-MAZE-ING!

Melissa said...

Mary - You are sooooo skinny already!! Way to go!