Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ah...October



Talk about an exciting month!

Really, the only downside to October is the ugly page on the calendar. Don't deny it. Don't try to make me feel better. I've lived the ugly calendar page for TWENTY SIX YEARS!!! It's so disappointing. What is the first thing one does when purchasing a new calendar? Flip through to make sure you like all the pages...ESPECIALLY your birthday month. And I'm willing to bet that, more often than not, October is a downer.

This is really bringing back some pent up feelings.

But you know it's true. Every other month gets such nice artwork. And October is always stuck with one of the following:

-a witch
-a jack o' lantern
-some kid in an ugly costume
-skulls

And Mary Engelbreit is no exception (as you witnessed above).

ANYWAY.

As I was saying, October is an exciting month!

Not only will Seth and I be turning 26 (the 10th and 14th people...mark your ugly October Halloween calendar pages)...but we will also be finally having our baby! Well, I will be having him. Seth will be observing. Hopefully not from the hospital bed next to mine.

In addition, A&M has the potential to win FIVE more football games, we'll be one month closer to Christmas, Starbucks will surely come out with their red cups, and don't even get me started on the cool, brisk, fall temperatures that are sure to accompany the new month.

Ladies, whip out that velour!

I also decided that, unless our 2nd child is also born in October, he will undoubtedly feel left out when the other 3 of us are celebrating our birthday month. It's kinda sad if you think about it. Perhaps we can have him/her share February with Maggie or something.

5 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

I almost feel sorry for you and your ugly October calendar pages. EXCEPT for the fact that my birthday is on HALLOWEEN. Everything about my birthday is HIDEOUS. Including the fact that my children are 500 times more excited about candy than they are about celebrating their mother.

Tiffany Dang said...

i'm pretty sure tucker felt left out after this post. and if your other children are born outside of october's confounds, jake is for sure going to use that as ammo to convince them they are adopted! mary, i hope that motherhood will not delay your frequent blog posts otherwise i might have to resent jake for taking away my weekly entertainments during the work day. he better be real cute if he is going to occupy so much time! :)

Paula said...

i happen to like jack-o-lanterns and halloween stuff! you have a holiday in your month, which is so fun! granted, it's not christmas like mine, but then if it were, your birthday would probably get swept under the rug because, HELLO Christmas is right around the corner. if anyone should feel sorry for someone, clearly it's me and all the december babies out there.

Jill said...

i have to say that i love halloween-y stuff, so i like the calendar page.
hope that baby boy comes soon...looking forward to pictures!

Jaime said...

You must get a Gooseberry Patch calendar next time...really, I haven't seen an ugly page since I get those calendars. Look into it! And happy birthday to all of you...