I realize it's a little late for a "what we did last weekend" post but you know what? It's my blog. I'll do what I want.
Last Saturday morning it was Anderles v. Garage!
Our garage was a mess. I'll just give it to you straight. Both of us are guilty of chaotic organization. Meaning...we know where everything is...it just might not be in the most sensible spot. (Did I mention the paintbrushes that were in our pantry?) A robber would've had a terrible time locating valuables besides the TV and the cars.
So it was hot...it was humid...but we did it anyway. I started off the morning with a "garage cleaning" cheer (how else was I going to get Seth on board??) and off we went. Let me stop right here and say what a wonderful invention the Shop-Vac is. We've had one, it just doesn't get used nearly as often as it should. But I went to town! We cleared everything out of the garage, threw out things we hadn't used in 1+ years, put everything in its appropriate places and got all that grass, dirt, mulch, trash, etc off the floor.
Seth tried to stop me when I started shop-vac'ing the lawn mower and, you guessed it, the shop-vac itself. But I couldn't stop. It was addicting. I was like a kid in a candy shop. I wanted it ALL clean. Everything spotless! And that handy contraption will suck up anything! Probably even the dogs if I wanted it to. Shame on me.
Anyway, here is a picture of our completed project. Probably doesn't look THAT impressive to some of you, but believe me...when you're limited on storage up in the attic, there's nowhere else to put this crap these treasures.
Look - I can even open the door on my car without hitting the wheelbarrow now! Jake is going to be so GLAD we got this done. It's probably the first thing he'll comment on when we make it home from the hospital. So son...you're welcome.
On Sunday, we had a BBQ with our church class. It was quite a different scene from last year. As you may remember, we've had something of a baby boom. And when I say baby boom, I mean it. I think we counted 12-13 babies that have been/will be born in 2009? And don't worry, we're already racking them up in 2010. I guess, similar to the shop-vac, it's addicting?
So here is just part of the group...I thought it was so funny to look in the pool and see the massive amounts of floaties. Good thing those swimming diapers don't leak. For the most part...
We had a fun time catching up with everyone, dining on hamburgers and hot dogs, and eating some yummy desserts! We are so blessed to have such great friends and a wonderful support group. Daily affirmation that we're right where we need to be. God is so good! Thank you Gary & Tami for hosting all of us!!
And that my friends, is pretty much it in a nutshell. This weekend is sure to bring some classic pictures, as I will be attending my first NKOTB concert (7 months pregnant mind you...watch out teeny boppers!). If anyone has any extra paraphernalia from the 80's let me know. We just might need it.






1 comments:
Vacuuming the Shop Vac??? Sounds like something Danny Tanner would do.
Post a Comment