Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What's to Know??

Yeah, so there's not anything too great to share about last Saturday. The Aggies played. The Aggies lost. Surprise, surprise. Some of you might wonder why we still dish out several Benjamins to acquire these season tickets. Well that's because we bleed maroon. Otherwise, I'd be watching on my couch, in the A/C, with a bowl of popcorn. And hopefully, that time won't be too far off in my future anyway...

We went up early on Saturday to see Rachel & Michael's new apt/house, and plus we got to see Mom for awhile and just visit with everyone! It's so weird going back to College Station...I mean, gosh it's been more than TWO years now since I've graduated...and still the place is a changin'. If only there had been a Kohl's, Ben & Jerry's, and brand new Layne's when WE'D been there!

Rachel & Me at the LG Tailgate
Me & Seth
Rachel & Michael...class of...2011???

Me & My Co-Cheerleader

It's funny how Aggie football is just a fact of life for us now. Our poor children. I almost measure our life in "seasons".

i.e. Seth and I have been together for six football seasons!

For real though - there is only ONE time of the year when my husband skips. Bounds around, if you will. Last Thursday night he is on PINS & needles, waiting for the arrival of college football. He's stripped down to his boxers, with dinner on his lap, staring at the TV in all it's HD college football glory. We proceed to have the following conversation:

Seth: Hey, was there anything you wanted to talk about tonight?
Mary: Um...eh, not really. I mean this thing did happ...
Seth (cutting Mary off): Ok GREAT! Because tonight is the start of NCAA college football and I need to FOCUS!

Gotta love him. You've never seen so much emotion during a sports event. Elation, anger, frustration, joy, and laughter are just a few of them :)

I get the TV back in December. Until then, kids.

2 comments:

susan said...

yeah, i don't think i got my schools confused. we're the one that won, right?? :) i have to agree with seth on football season though . . . so fun!!

Mama said...

1. I like your fitted jersey :)
2. Seth watches football in only his underwear???