Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Palin for President!!!

"Far from looking like an insult to women, Palin emerged as confident, self-possessed, smart, witty, capable, knowledgeable, aggressive — the kind of ball-breaker men don’t mind dealing with and find attractive." (National Post)


Shoot. Forget McCain! Say Goodbye to Obama. Put THIS woman in the White House! I really hope you watched her speak last night at the RNC. Actually, I hope you've been watching the entire convention (along with the DNC that already happened) and absorbing the words of all the great speakers they've had. Fred Thompson. Rudy Giuliani. Mike Huckabee. Meg Whitman. All absolutely fantastic!

This is the first time I've actually been a little excited about this presidential race. Of course it was bittersweet to see Huckabee & Romney showing McCain their support, instead of the other way around, but whatever. There's always next time.

Who else was yelling "Drill Baby Drill!" at the TV? So maybe I work for an oil & gas company...and maybe part of my retirement is dependent on their stock price...but I was chanting right along with them! I'll admit, I was skeptical at first, but I think Palin is just what the GOP needs right now. I could go on and on but I won't...you can all read the papers (i.e. internet) and watch the news.

I don't want to be a political preacher but this is a time when we need to all be paying attention to the issues out there and the things that are important to our nation. How much control do you want our government to have? What are your beliefs on abortion? Stem cell research? Distribution of wealth? The war in Iraq? Our economy? Universal health care? Foreign policy?

Ok enough of the serious stuff. How about one of my favorite quotes of the night:


"But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion -- I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country."

BAM! Take that! And how about her comparison of a mayor to a community organizer...but with responsibilities? Ah! Love it!

And here's a video of our all-time favorite moment of the evening...



Find your voter's registration, pay attention to the issues, and enlighten yourself with what's going on in our American government.

If anything...prepare yourself for the excitement of when Sarah Palin and Hillary might one day go head to head. How entertaining would that be?

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Ok, time to listen to McCain :)

1 comments:

Paula said...

yay! i'm so glad you found the video of precious little Piper slicking back baby Trig's hair. i don't think a single person watching that, republican or democrat, didn't have a heart melting moment...you can't script that sweetness!