Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Puppy Woes

It's recently been brought to my attention that I have a small addiction. Gotta love your BFF for shootin' it to ya straight. It's not necessarily a BAD addiction...it can bring love, happiness, cheer, laughter, and lifelong friendship to you and your family. I mean, really...who can say no to love and laughter? A terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad person...that's who.

Ok, so I'm going to lay it out on the table. Just get it out in the open.

I think I'm addicted to puppies.

Wow, that was tough to say. I'll admit I do keep a close eye on the classifieds (Woodlands, Anadarko, SPCA, humane society, etc). But I have to...because I can't risk missing a glimpse of my possible next future child. I know, right? Too risky.

I came thisclose to bringing home another Anderle this week. A fun-loving 7 wk old lab/collie mix...to be Maggie's lifelong BFF and little brother for FOREVER. I even asked her what she thought...and she was all for it. I won't even attempt to post his picture because it will break your heart. Reason and sense set it however and we started realizing several things...1) where will the puppy be when we go to hawaii? 2) who will keep the puppy the gazillion weekends we're out of town over the next few months? (cause Lord KNOWS my parents won't want 2 granddogs coming to visit...they're hesitant with one!) 3) will the puppy be an accomplice to maggie in her attempts to destroy our backyard? 4) repeat numbers 1-3.

Sigh. I feel like I've just broken up with my middle school boyfriend or something. Cause yeah, I did break a lot of hearts back then. With my glasses and braces and bangs and knee-length shorts and "too-healthy" figure (if you know what I mean).

And no. I will absolutely not post any pictures. They've since been burned.

We are going to see Alan Jackson at the rodeo tonight - yee haw! I'm so pumped about driving downtown and dealing with parking and paying for expensive sodas to watch the show. I have high hopes though. We had to settle for alternate entertainment this year since George decided to be a no-show. I mean, what in the world???

And holy cow, look at the number of hits on my blog! I've nearly hit 1,000! Now what I'm really curious about is this...does that number more accurately describe 1,000 different people who have read my blog...or 6-7ish people who have come to my blog 80,000 times each? I'm leaning toward the latter.

1 comments:

Paula said...

Well, I'm proud of you for publically admitting your addiction! And I feel like I should defend my actions. I DO promote love and happiness, I just can't be an enabler in your life :) Hope you had fun at the rodeo tonight!