As I was perusing the classifieds during my lunch break today...NOT actively looking for a puppy in need of a loving family, mind you...I came upon a strange ad:

Yeah, I would bring that home. Only if it came with a guarantee to not get any bigger. Maggie would still welcome Porky with open paws.
And I know you're dying to know...but yes, we did Chatahoochie with AJ last night at the rodeo. What a good concert...one of the true great country singers who can sound the same live in concert as on their album. So we had a good time minus 2 things:
1) It took us nearly 2 hours to GET to the rodeo. It should've taken us 45 minutes. Traffic around Reliant was atrocious. I guess last year wasn't as bad because we went straight from work downtown and got there early schmerly. Trying to get there the same time as everyone else = not so fun. Thankfully we arrived in time for the barrel racing. I really love the rodeo part too! And the calf scramble was hilarious as usual.
2) There was a large group of suspiciously underage-looking young adults sitting a few rows behind us. Basically, this group of 30 or so hoodlums was causing all sorts of ruckus. I knew it would bother me the minute they ran up the steps and started screaming and waving their snuck-in bottles of liquor in the air. Now, historically, I am a tattletale (just ask Emily & Rachel). And I don't mind someone having the occasional beer or margarita at a public venue, but when you are disrupting the general public with your inappropriate shenanigans (i.e. the young gentlemen decided to use the top part of our section for a restroom...) I think someone needs to intervene. Luckily I didn't have to because we must've had an even BIGGER tattletale also sitting in our section. So the big bad Reliant security guys had to bust into section 638 (I know....we were high...but next week we're on the 4th row!) with their weapons and spotlights and attempted to regulate. Needless to say, I was disappointed in their methods of regulation and none of the crazies were reprimanded. So I accepted that I couldn't really do anything about it, we moved seats, I enjoyed the show, and prayed they had alternate means of transportation to get them home (Along with parents or guardians that had a fantastic means of punishment when they got there).
Oh my gosh, listen to me!!!! I'm going to be THAT mom, aren't I?
So excited for a weekend at home!! I will attempt 52 more miles (give or take) on my bike, spend some quality time with the husband, and not overlook the time change.






0 comments:
Post a Comment