Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Nifty Fifty

Birthday festivities were in the works at the Anderle household in La Grange this weekend. My in-laws have been re-modeling part of their home the past few months, but we managed to turn a partially completed kitchen into a wild & crazy 50th birthday celebration venue! Notice the creative use of electrical wires as a hanging mechanism for the balloons. That's what happens when you have an engineer for a husband. I thought we did quite well! And I also think I did quite well with the picture taking this time around!

Seth, Chase, and their dad. Yes, of course I dressed him up!

All the cousins (and a couple of friends) with the old man. I apologize for my A&M sweatshirt. I actually had a normal one on underneath...I just got a little cold. I know a lot of you still don't believe me...but it's the truth!

Seth's mom and dad (man, we took a lot of pictures in front of the island). Mary Lou made an excellent poppyseed cake for dessert.

Birthday boy in all his birthday glory! Those are flashing lips that I brought for him to wear.

Disclaimer: Brace yourself for what you're about to see.
My father-in-law prides himself in his dancing abilities (hm...much like his daughter-in-law perhaps?) His all time favorite dance moves come from an oldie-but-goodie...
The Chicken Dance.
Who can turn 50 without doing the chicken dance for the party guests??


Oh, a fun time had by all. Earlier that day, I rode 50 miles in and around Bastrop State Park for the Pedal Thru the Pines bike ride. Talk about tough. Although this year I didn't have to walk up any hills!!! (Last year was a bit of a struggle) It was a beautiful ride, but definitely the toughest so far this year. My neck, back, and legs all feel just l-o-v-e-l-y today. But don't worry...I ate more than enough fajitas and cake to make up for it this weekend :)

We'll be back in Houston the next couple of weekends - yea! I need a break from driving...until Easter at least...

1 comments:

Paula said...

looks like a fun weekend- you and mr. anderle should have a dance-off some time :)