Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wedding? What Wedding?

The day has finally come. Or maybe it's been here and I never realized it. But what people say is true...you just don't remember much about your wedding!

Yeah I remember what I wore...what the wedding party wore...what I ate. But everything else is kinda a blur.

This is why I think people make WAY too big a deal about weddings and getting every last detail perfect and spending horrific amounts of cash for nice invitations.

Because you don't remember it anyway.

And it's the memories you make from there on out that really count. It's not about the G's you drop to make the day perfect...it's about making sure you're standing at the altar with the person God chose for you to live your life with. It's about meaning those vows with your whole heart and not breaking them. It's about beginning a life with your best friend!

And I am so thankful I did.

So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

Matthew 19:6

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3:12-17

0 comments: