Haircut appt #3 was cancelled today.
I don't get it.
Is God trying to tell me something? Does He like my hair the way it is? I hope not because it's sick! I'm going to show a little mercy and save everyone from another hair rant today.
It appears that I've also somewhat offended certain readers with my recent Wal-Mart rant. So I retract my statement that all Houston area Wal-Mart stores suck. Apparently the WM at the back of The Woodlands has a lot to offer. So let me clarify. The WM at I45N and Louetta SUCKS. So does that sketchy one off of Westheimer by the AMC Theater. The Woodlands/Conroe Wal-Mart is supposedly wonderful. I will investigate further this weekend.
And speaking of WM, this sorta leads into my topic of conversation today.
Having lived in both during my 24 years, I feel like I am an accurate source. (Plano, San Antonio, College Station, Houston, and Spring if you need more proof) Pros and cons are discussed below:
City Pros
- Unique restaurants (less chains)
- Better entertainment (i.e. theater, symphony, bars)
- Big business (not that I care but it seems like it could be important to some)
- Lots of Starbucks
City Cons
- Not many Sonic locations
- Chain restaurant favs are harder to come by
- Terrible terrible traffic
- Idiot drivers
- Real estate is EXPENSIVE. You spend $200 grand on a 2 bedroom townhome on a 2 sq. foot piece of property in downtown Houston. You can spend that much and buy a 5 bedroom house on a 60' lot in the burbs
- Parking is also hard to come by and/or expensive
Burb Pros
- More quiet and peaceful environent
- Less sketchy people
- Family-oriented lifestyles
- Not as much traffic (Rayford Rd, FM 1960 and I45 in Conroe not taken into consideration)
- Bigger backyards (our ridiculous plot of land excluded)
- Cheaper real estate
- More Sonics!
- Closer to the mall (in most cases)
Burb Cons
- The whole commuting issue if you work in the city
- People can shoot fireworks on your friendly neighborhood street
Hm. I will let you declare the winner.






0 comments:
Post a Comment