I am tired.
We were so excited to get snow in Houston last Wednesday night. I mean, snowflakes were literally falling all over the car on the way home from Bible study!! Unfortunately Seth was off updating the Gulf Coast region on drill bits, so me and the dogs had to play in the snow alone.
Then, Thursday I got an upper respiratory infection and a case of pharyngitis.
Sounded pretty serious to me. I was updating the will, getting things in order...I thought I had the ultimate excuse to get of anything and everything. Until Seth was like, "So what...a cold and a sore throat?"
Stupid doctor who beefed up the medical terms.
Although, for the record, I still feel horrible. But it was my first experience with a steroid shot (let me know if I start looking beefy) and a z-pack so I was pumped.
Friday night, both Chase and Emily graduated from college. Albeit, in 2 different cities. How old are we that our LITTLE brother and sister are graduating from COLLEGE? Getting real jobs (well...we've yet to hear about any), and going off into the real world. Unfortunately we couldn't be in two places at once, but both made it safely across the stage and received their diploma! Congratulations, kids!!
Today, Seth & I helped out with a Christmas party for needy children in Conroe. The family that organized this party is just amazing. They began 7 years ago, getting gifts for 35 kids in the area. Today we were able to sponsor 150 children! How cool is that?? With the help of our Young Marrieds class we were able to give 3 kids a Christmas they hopefully won't forget.
And on that note, I will get on my Christmas soapbox. For some reason, I feel so strongly about this, especially over the last few weeks...as people are stressing out about Christmas gifts, running around like maniacs to catch last minute sales, and the like.
Let's not forget what this holiday is actually about...deal?
This is such a fun time of year to teach your children, remind your family, and introduce complete strangers to the true meaning of CHRISTmas. And we are all guilty, including myself, of completely breezing by what this time of year was originally celebrated for. We have hyped it up so much and stress out so much for what should really be time well-spent in fellowship and worship with loved ones.
There, I said it.
Phew. And I'm still tired.
I think tonight will be an early night, folks. Gotta dope up on the meds and hope this pin-prickling sore throat is gone ASAP.
Have a great week!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
White Christmas? Almost.

Posted by
Mary
at
5:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment